Abstract submission deadline: 2 March, 2021
PREPARATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
A “blind” selection process will be used.
No identifying features such as names of hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or text of the abstract.
Do not include the names of authors either. Their names and affiliations (institutions) will be registered separately when submitting the abstract online.
The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
The title should not be written entirely in capital letters (e.g. NOT LIKE THIS).
The size of the abstract is limited to 3,000 characters (spaces and pictures are not taken in consideration).
The submission program will automatically calculate the size of your abstract and will not allow submissions that do not fit in the size requirements.
The template of the abstract is structured with the following subheadings:
- Introduction & Objectives
- Materials & Methods
If your abstract describes a case report, you can insert the whole text under the “Results” section.
Check spelling and grammar carefully. Direct reproduction from your electronically submitted abstract text means that any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will be reproduced as submitted.
Use generic names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks are strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
No mention of pharmaceutical company names should be included in the abstract either.
The evaluation and scoring of the abstract (acceptance as poster or as oral communication, or rejection) will be made according to a number of criteria, including:
- Is the content interesting, informative, novel or important?
- Are the methods valid, the results relevant and the conclusions justified by the data?
- Are the data presented with clarity and with appropriate structure?
- Is the text written according to proper English grammar and syntactic style?
The authors should specify if they prefer their submission to be considered for:
- e-Poster presentation only
- Oral presentation only
Copyright and publication of abstracts
Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors.
The Scientific Programming Committee reserves the right to make the final decision concerning the form of presentation.
As part of the submission, the author grants EADV the exclusive right to first publish the abstract, and thereafter a non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the abstract worldwide in all forms (including on the EADV website), formats and media now known or as developed in the future, including print, electronic and digital forms. For the avoidance of doubt, “electronic and digital forms” shall include but shall not be limited to databases, USB and forms accessible via electronic and digital networks, wireless transmission and communication systems. The author also grants EADV the exclusive right to retain income resulting from the above-mentioned publications by EADV. No fee shall be paid to the author by EADV for the license granted herein. The author will retain copyright of his or her abstract, including the pertaining moral rights. However, the author shall only reuse, reproduce or post the abstract with acknowledgment to the initial and first publication or presentation at an EADV event, and therefore reference the name of the EADV event and the date.
The License of Copyright Use between EADV and the author is governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland.
Accepted abstracts will be published on our official website.
Online Poster Service
All information concerning e-Poster submission will be sent out by e-mail through the EADV’s service provider.
Authors that are selected for e-Poster presentation are requested to prepare a PDF file adhering to the following rules:
- Only material in PDF format will be accepted.
- All e-Posters should be created in landscape (horizontal) orientation.
- To assure the best quality of your e-Poster, we recommend that the .pdf file has the size of an A0 sheet (1189mm x 841 mm or 33.11 × 46.81 inches).
- Commercial names, registered trademarks and pharmaceutical company logos cannot be used within the e-Poster, this also includes photos of commercial equipment.
- Product name should be replaced by its active ingredient.
- Animated images and animations are not permitted and will be non-functioning.
- Photographs should at all times protect the privacy and identity of the subject. Eyes should be blacked out.
Authors will be also given the possibility to associate a short audio description (maximum of 4 minutes) to their e-poster.
After the Congress
All e-Posters will be made available online on www.eadv.org only for EADV members. If you do not agree with the online publication of your poster, please notify the EADV Scientific Department in advance by e-mail.